No 1 - Issued February 25th 1961 - Price 4 1/2 d
|Cover with free squirt ring
|The Gaunt Hounds Are Out
- Blind Boss Danskin ruled his territories in Canada's
North-West with an iron hand. No one dared challenge him, until
a mysterious stranger, with a pack of savage hounds at his
heels, came to wage war on the ruthless fur-trader of Hazard
|I Flew With Braddock
- Sergeant Matt Braddock was one of Britain's greatest pilots
of the last war. His exploits won him the Victoria Cross and Bar
and many other medals. But Braddock was not interested in
honours. All he wanted to do was get on with the war. This is
the story in pictures of the famous book written by George
Bourne, who flew as Braddock's navigator.
|Advert for Issue Number 2
- Introducing Joe Jagger the number one menace of number
|Look For The Green Lizard
A mysterious island and a treasure map send this band of men
into discovery and danger
-The story in pictures of the boyhood days of Lester Piggott,
Britain's champion jockey
|The Raid on General Rommel
- November 10, 1941 saw the start of one of the most gallant
actions of the North African campaign. 55 men under Lieut. Col
Keyes set out to kidnap German General Rommel, from his
headquarters 250 behind the German lines
|Post Bag Parade.
- Readers Letters
|Come Away The United
- A live wire manager and a goal scoring centre forward team
up to make the football story of the year.
|Cross & Blackwell Advert
|Snapshot Kid - The Camera Kid
- Meet Sid Rollins, the boy with the little box camera and
one big ambition - to be an ace photographer.
|Jimmy The Dodger
- The boxing sensation of the century! A young British Boxer
wins the Heavyweight Championship of the World - then vanishes!
- "The mail must get through" The story of the Pony
Back to Home Page